Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 2.5 hours
Tick off the ingredients as you buy them
1. Chop the vegetables into small pieces and sauté them in a pan for about 5 minutes in extra virgin olive oil. Add garlic, herbs, salt & pepper in olive oil.
2. In a skillet, brown the meat. Once the meat has browned add it to the pot with sautéed vegetables.
3. Pour red wine in the pot & deglaze the pot. Adjust the heat to high to evaporate the alcohol. Once the alcohol has evaporated completely, add Val Verde Passata into the pot.
4. Then add some water to the skillet to remove any juices left in the skillet from browning the meat. Add this to the pot as well.
5. Cook the bolognaise for 2 hours on a low heat until the meat is tender.
6. Cook the Val Verde Tagliatelle in hot salted water. Once pasta is cooked, drain off & combine with the sauce.
7. Serve immediately with a garish of fresh basil.