Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 50 mins
Tick off the ingredients as you buy them
1. Preheat oven to 180C (all types).
2. Heat oil in a very large skillet or dutch oven over medium high heat.
3. Add bacon, cook for 30 seconds (to start fat melting), then add sausages. Cook until sausages are golden - about 3 minutes - then remove into bowl.
4. Add chicken into the pan and cook until golden (doesn't need to cook inside), then add to bowl with bacon.
5. Sear prawns in the pan for 1.5 minutes on each side, then transfer to a separate bowl (reserve until later).
6. Add butter, then garlic, onion, celery and capsicum. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft.
7. Add rice, stir to coat grains in oil.
8. Add chicken broth, tomato paste, canned tomato, thyme and Spices.
9. Stir well, then add chicken, sausages and bacon (including all liquid).
10. When you see bubbles across most of the surface, stir well once more. Ensure all rice is submerged, cover with lid, then transfer to oven.
11. Bake 30 minutes, then remove - rice should be practically cooked.
12. Add prawns/shrimp and green onions, QUICKLY (but gently!) stir through, cover with lid, and return to oven for just 3 minutes (just to heat prawns).
13. Remove from oven, stir gently then serve, garnished with more green onions if desired.