Privacy & Disclaimer
This website with URL address: [valverde] is owned and operated by Conga Foods Pty Ltd (ACN 005 311 973), (Conga Foods), the brand owner of Val Verde.
Access to the Website is conditional on your approval of this Policy and you acknowledge and agree that your use of the Website implies your consent to the terms of this Policy. We may amend this policy from time to time and your continued use of the Website following any such amendment will be confirmation of your acceptance of the amendments.
Types Of Personal Information Collected
We will only collect Personal Information that is necessary for one or more of our functions or where we have obtained your consent to use your Personal Information in a particular way. In engaging in business with Conga Foods and/or in using this Website, Conga Foods may collect the following types of personally identifiable information (Personal Information);- Name and Contact details (e.g. email address, telephone number(s), residential and delivery addresses);
– Household details (e.g., the age/number of people living at a household); – Records of your communications and interactions with us;
– Details regarding participation in promotions and our other events and programs operated from time to time;
– Details and history of enquiries, purchases, preferences and interests relating to transactions, products and services with our digital and/or operational services, including the payment details/history (such as the payment cards you have instructed us to use for transactions);
Conga Foods does not collect Personal Information which is sensitive information as defined under the Privacy Act, being information or opinions about your health, political affiliations, sexual preferences, religious beliefs, racial or ethnic origin or other such private information.
Where you provide us with Personal Information about someone else you must have their consent to provide their Personal Information to us based on this Policy.
How Personal Information Is Collected
When Conga Foods collects Personal Information, we do so by making a record of it when, for example, you:
– Place an order, make an enquiry, conduct a transaction; communicate or contact us;
– Register for, or participate in a promotion, competition, or survey; use the Website or our related social media pages as a result of your direct provision of such
Personal Information may be collected in a variety of ways including via phone, electronically (such as through use of this Website, related social media services, direct email), post or via direct discussions with Conga Foods representatives.
Conga Foods may also collect Personal Information about you from its related entities or owned brands, from our distributors and other service providers, or from third parties including from public sources.
How Personal Information Is Held
We may hold Personal Information in hard copy form or electronically by storing in our computer systems, both at our own premises and with the assistance of our service providers. We implement a range of measures, including people, process, and technology controls, to protect the security of your Personal Information and eliminate risks of unauthorised access to, and loss, misuse or wrongful alternation of, Personal Information. Examples of these measures include
– Conga Foods officers, employees, agents and third party contractors are bound by internal security and confidential information policies and are required to keep Personal Information secure at all times;
– Conga Foods uses its reasonable endeavours to make the Website as secure as possible against unauthorised access.
– Conga Foods has in place processes that concern the destroying or de-identifying Personal Information that is no longer needed for any lawful purpose.
– Despite its reasonable endeavours, Conga Foods is unable to ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information transmitted to Conga Foods and all Personal Information disclosed by you to Conga Foods is at your own risk.
Purposes For Handling Personal Information
We may collect or use your Personal Information in order to inform you of, provide, administer, improve, and personalise our products and services; understand your interests, suitability and behaviours in relation to our products, services and offers; and to carry out our operational business functions. This can include to:
Respond to your feedback, queries, or concerns;
– Register and service your account, including keeping your information up-to-date, and verifying your identity and respond to your requests for products and services, including delivery, processing payments and refunds;
– Communicate with you about our products, services, and promotions (including direct marketing), in relation to this Website and/or any of our related companies and brands;
– Help us improve our products and services, operational processes to enhance your customer experience
– Work with our service providers;
– Interact with Regulators, relevant government entities, and as otherwise required or permitted by law.
We may also collect or use your Personal Information for additional purposes as outlined at the point of collection (for example, in the terms and conditions of a brand promotion or for an event registration);
Sharing Of Personal Information
Conga Foods and its related entities work with a number of suppliers and third parties, including but not limited to its product suppliers; technology services including technical support, hosting and analysing data; banking corporations; media and market research agencies; administrative services and business advisory services.
You acknowledge and agree that Conga Foods may need to disclose your Personal Information to its related entities and to sponsors, business partners, distributors, suppliers and associates, such as those aforementioned. Such businesses may be located both in and outside Australia and whilst it is not reasonably practicable to list all of the countries to which your Personal Information may be disclosed from time to time, it is likely that such countries may include European Union and South-East Asian countries and the United States. If you would like further information on particular countries, please contact us as set out below.
When we disclose your information overseas, we take steps to ensure that the recipient and or service providers are obliged to protect the privacy and security of your Personal Information in accordance with the standards that apply in Australia including that they only use Personal Information for the purpose for which it is disclosed.
Conga Foods will not disclose your Personal Information to any third party (other than its related entities or associates) without your consent in writing, unless otherwise required by law, or unless such disclosure is reasonably necessary in the opinion of Conga Foods to protect its rights or property or to avoid injury to any person. However, in the event of a business transition (such as a merger, acquisition or sale of all or a portion of our business or assets), any collected Personal Information will likely be among the assets transferred.
The Website may contain links to other sites operated by business partners, suppliers, associates or other third parties. You acknowledge that such sites are not operated or controlled by Conga Foods. Advertisements on the Website and links to or from other sites do not constitute sponsorship, approval, endorsement of the content, policies (including Privacy Policies), practices or services offered on those advertisements or sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Conga Foods website, and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This Policy applies solely to information collected by Conga Foods.
Procedures For Access, Correction And Feedback
If you wish to access or correct any Personal Information Conga Foods has collected about you, please contact us as set out below.
When making an access, correction or feedback request, please provide as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek, in order to help us retrieve it. We will endeavour to provide a written response to you as soon as possible but in any event no later than 30 days.
If you subsequently decide that you do not wish to receive information from Conga Foods or related entities you may let us know by contacting us as set out below.
Complaints, Questions Or Requests
If you are concerned that Conga Foods has not complied with your rights, or have any complaints or concerns about this Policy please contact us as set out below.
P.O. Box 342, Reservoir 3073 VIC
Phone: + 61 3 9487 9500
Once your complaint or query has been lodged, we will endeavour to respond within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, please let us know and we will investigate further.
You may also decide to make a complaint with the relevant privacy regulator, Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, (www.oaic.gov.au).