250g Val Verde Fettuccine, 125g unsalted butter, 500g thick cream, 1/2 tsp white pepper, 1/2 tsp salt, 375g parmesan cheese, grated, Salt, to taste, Fresh basil, to garnish
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the butter. Once melted add garlic, cream, white pepper, and salt.
2. Bring to a low boil and reduce heat to medium, simmer for 8 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and slowly add cheese.
4. Return to stove on low heat and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Cook the fettuccine in salted boiling water for 5 minutes.
6. When cooked, drain Val Verde Fettuccine and add to the saucepan for a minute or until the sauce is well combined with pasta.
7. Serve with fresh chopped basil.
500g Casarecce pasta, 500g Italian-style pork sausages, ½ cup olive oil, 1 cup red wine, 690g Val Verde Traditional Pasta Sauce, ½ bunch basil leaves, freshly grated Parmesan, for garnish, Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling.
1. Slice or chop pork sausages. Heat olive oil in a large heavy based pot and sauté sausages until well browned.
2. Deglaze pan with wine, add Val Verde Traditional Pasta Sauce and bring to the boil. Simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes until thickened.
3. Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente, drain and toss hot pasta into ragu together with basil leaves. Serve with tagliatelle, farfalle or spaghetti. Finish with a sprinkle of parmesan and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
1 leek or 2 onions, extra virgin olive oil, 1.5 litres fish or vegetable stock, 400g can Val Verde Diced Tomatoes, ½ cup frozen baby peas, extra sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, 500g peeled green prawns, 1 cup risoni pasta, cooked, pesto, for serving
Finely slice leek and sauté in one tablespoon oil in a large pot over low heat for 10 minutes until soft. Add stock, Val Verde Diced Tomatoes and peas, bring to the boil and season to taste. Keep six prawns whole and chop the rest. Add prawns and risoni to soup and simmer until just cooked. Stir in two tablespoons olive oil. Serve immediately drizzled with pesto, ensuring one whole prawn is added to each serving plate.
500g penne or spiral pasta, 100g sliced prosciutto, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 large onion, sliced, 250g button mushrooms, sliced, 2 x 400g cans Val Verde Peeled Tomatoes, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, ½ cup parsley leaves, ½ cup shaved or grated parmesan cheese
Boil pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water until ‘al dente’ and drain. Meanwhile, cook prosciutto in an oiled frypan for 3-4 minutes until golden. Drain on absorbent paper and crumble. Add oil to pan and sauté onion until translucent. Add mushrooms and sauté until softened. Add Val Verde Peeled Tomatoes, simmer until thickened and season to taste. Just before serving, toss hot pasta with sauce, parsley and half the crumbled prosciutto. Portion into serving bowls and serve sprinkled with parmesan and remaining prosciutto.