500g Casarecce pasta, 500g Italian-style pork sausages, ½ cup olive oil, 1 cup red wine, 690g Val Verde Traditional Pasta Sauce, ½ bunch basil leaves, freshly grated Parmesan, for garnish, Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling.
1. Slice or chop pork sausages. Heat olive oil in a large heavy based pot and sauté sausages until well browned.
2. Deglaze pan with wine, add Val Verde Traditional Pasta Sauce and bring to the boil. Simmer uncovered for 20-30 minutes until thickened.
3. Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente, drain and toss hot pasta into ragu together with basil leaves. Serve with tagliatelle, farfalle or spaghetti. Finish with a sprinkle of parmesan and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Val Verde Passata 500g, 750g pork and veal mince, 1 onion, grated, 2 cloves garlic, crushed, 2 tablespoons finely chopped sage leaves, 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan, 1/3 cup panko or fresh breadcrumbs, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 red onion, thinly sliced, 200g button or swiss brown mushrooms, sliced, 2 teaspoons finely chopped rosemary
1. Combine mince, onion, garlic, sage, parmesan and breadcrumbs in a bowl and season to taste. Roll tablespoons of mixture into meatballs. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning frequently, until browned all over. Transfer to a plate and cover in foil to keep warm.
2. Heat remaining oil in frying pan and add the onion and cook for 2 minutes or until just soft. Add mushrooms and rosemary and continue cooking for a further 2 minutes or until mushrooms are just tender. Stir in Val Verde Tomato Passata, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Season to taste and return meatballs to pan. Heat until meatballs are heated through. Serve with fried sage leaves and mashed potato.
2 tablespoons olive oil, 6-8 Italian pork sausages (900g), 1 brown onion, diced, 2 garlic cloves, crushed, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary, 1 bay leaf, 1/2 cup white wine, 2 x 390g packs Val Verde Diced Italian Tomatoes with Oregano & Basil, 400g can Val Verde Lentils, drained, crusty bread, to serve
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the sausages for medium heat until browned. Removed the sausages.
2. Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook over low heat until onion is soft, but not browned.
3. Stir in the herbs and wine. Add Val Verde Diced Italian Tomatoes with Oregano & Basil and bring to the boil.
4. Add the sausages and lentils. Simmer gently for 20 minutes slightly thickened. Stir occasionally. Serve with crusty bread.
2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 brown onion, finely chopped, 1 celery stalk, finely chopped, 1 carrot, finely chopped, 1 clove garlic, crushed, 100g pancetta, thickly sliced and diced, 500g pork and veal mince, ½ cup white wine, 1 x 690g Val Verde Pasta Sauce with Basil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, ¼ teaspoon grated lemon zest , sea salt and freshly ground pepper, 1 x 250g Val Verde Tagliatelle Egg Pasta
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the onion, celery, carrot, garlic and pancetta over medium heat for 5-10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and slightly browned.
Add the pork and veal mince to the frypan and cook for 5 minutes or until the mince has changed colour, but not browned. Pour in the wine and cook for 3-5 minutes until wine has been absorbed. Stir in the Val Verde Pasta Sauce with Basil and balsamic vinegar. Simmer over low heat for 25-30 minutes or until thickened stirring occasionally. Stir in lemon zest and season to taste.
Serve with Val Verde Tagliatelle Egg Pasta.