Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Tick off the ingredients as you buy them
1. Warm the chicken stock in a medium saucepan on low heat.
2. Meanwhile, in a deep pan heat oil until very hot. Add onion and cook until softened, stirring occasionally.
3. Add rice and stir with wooden spoon until opaque.
4. Add wine and a ladleful of chicken stock, stirring until all liquid is absorbed. Continue slowly adding chicken stock until all liquid is completely absorbed, stirring constantly.
5. Continue cooking until rice is tender. This should take approximately 20 minutes.
6. Turn off heat and stir through butter and cheese. Serve with additional grated Parmesan if desired.