Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
Tick off the ingredients as you buy them
Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
1. Boil 2Lt of salted water with the stock cube, add the saffron strands and cover with the lid. Let it infuse for 10 mins. Heat up another pot and pour some olive oil, add in the finely chopped onion and garlic.
2. Once onion is translucent, add the in the rice and keep stirring on a medium flame for 1 min. Pour in the white wine and let it evaporate. Add in 2 ladles of the infused saffron stock to the rice and repeat the process till the rice is cooked and turns yellow.
3. In the meantime, cook the zucchini on a small frypan with a little olive oil and salt to taste, until soft.
4. Once the risotto is cooked, turn off the stove and add in ham, grated parmigiano-reggiano, zucchini and the chopped scamorza cheese. Stir the ingredients together until well combined.
5. Grab a bundt cake tin and coat with some olive oil. Gently lay the rice on the tray until reaching an even surface.
Place the tin in the heated oven and bake until the crust is golden brown. (15 mins) Once cooked, take it out of the oven and let it sit for 2 mins to cool down.
6. To prepare the tomato sauce, heat the olive oil in a pan, add garlic cloves. Once the garlic start getting darker in colour, remove it from the pan and add Val Verde passata and a pinch of salt to taste. Let it simmer at low heat for 10 minutes. Fresh basil leaves can be added for extra flavour.
7. Once cool, run the tip of a knife along the sides of the tin to loosen the Bomba di Riso. Very carefully tip the tray on to a serving plate and pour the sauce over the top. Serve by slice and enjoy