Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Tick off the ingredients as you buy them
1. Soak the bread in milk and work it with your hands until all the hard parts are gone.
2. Finely chop the chives (as desired) and add them to the bread mixture. Add the egg, parmesan and nutmeg into the mixture and combine.
3. Make small balls (canederli) out of the mixture and coat with breadcrumbs.
4. Add a drizzle of oil to a hot pan, cook the balls on the pan until golden brown.
5. Meanwhile, heat a drizzle of oil and crushed garlic on a pan. Add the passata and leave to simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Add the canederli and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
7. Serve in bowls, topping with freshly grated parmesan.
The Canederli can also be served in chicken soup.