Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Tick off the ingredients as you buy them
1. Boil a large pan of salted water and cook penne until al dente.
2. In the meantime, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan on medium – high heat. Add the onion and cook for 4 – 5 minutes until soft and translucent then add the garlic, chilli flakes and herbs and stir for another minute until aromatic.
3. Add the chicken to the pan and cook until slightly golden then add the passata and simmer on low for 5 more minutes. Take off the heat and fold through mozzarella until slightly melted.
4. Drain the penne and return to pan ensuring to leave a small cup of pasta water. Add the passata mix to the cooked pasta and add a little pasta water to thin the sauce slightly if required.
5. Serve immediately and top with parmesan and fresh basil. Season as required.