Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Dough Resting Time: 1 hour 30 mins
Tick off the ingredients as you buy them
1. Add bread flour, yeast, and salt to bowl of food processor fitted with steel blade. Pulse 5 times to combine. Add olive oil and water. Process until a rough ball forms, 30 to 40 seconds. Let rest for 2 minutes. Process an additional 30 seconds. Transfer to lightly floured surface; knead by hand to form a smooth, round ball. Place in a large, lightly greased bowl; cover tightly with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled in size, about 1-½ hours. Yield: 1 pound of pizza dough - enough for 2 pizzas.
Ghosts for Pizza:
1. Trace 3cm circle on a piece of parchment paper. Flip to the other side. Set aside.
2. Using ghost cookie cutters, cut out ghosts from sliced Mozzarella cheese. Position on parchment as you would like for them to appear on the finished pizza.
3. Cut out eyes and mouths of black olive slices, and place on the ghosts. Set aside until the pizza comes out of the oven.
Halloween Ghost Pizza:
1. Preheat oven to 220° C.
2. Brush 1-½ Tablespoons of olive oil in bottom of 12-inch cast-iron skillet; set aside.
3. Divide pizza dough in half. Press and roll one piece of dough into an 30cm round. Transfer to prepared cast-iron skillet; gently push it to the corners of the pan. Spread ⅓ cup of super-simple pizza sauce over surface of dough leaving ½-inch border around the edge. Top with ¼ cup of the grated Parmesan cheese and 1-½ cups of the shredded mozzarella cheese.
4. Set skillet over medium heat and cook until the outside edge of the dough is set and the pizza is lightly puffed, about 5 minutes. Transfer skillet to preheated oven; bake until the edge of the pizza is golden brown and the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Remove pizza from oven; position the ghosts on the hot pizza.
6. Remove pizza from cast-iron skillet. If desired, drizzle with olive oil, and serve.
7. Yield: 1 pizza