Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 1 hour
Tick off the ingredients as you buy them
1. Prepare the chicken stock using Val Verde stock cubes.
2. In a frying pan add oil and onion and let it cook for few minutes.
3. Add half of the white wine and let it cook for another 5 minutes
4. Remove the onion from the frying pan and set them aside.
5. Generously season the osso buco with salt and pepper, then cover completely with the flour.
6. In a frying pan add onions , butter and the osso buco. Cook on medium high heat and turn them after 4 minutes.
7. Cook them on the other side for 2 minutes then add the remaining white wine.
8. Add the chicken stock until it almost covers the meat then add the cooked onions and reduce the heat to minimum.
9. Cover with the lid and cook for 35 minutes.
10. Turn the osso buco and cook for another 25 minutes.
11. Meanwhile, wash the fresh parsley and chop finely. Also finely chop the garlic. Combine with the lemon rind.
12. Serve Osso Bucco with potato mash or polenta. Top with Gremolada mixture.