Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Tick off the ingredients as you buy them
1. Combine the gnocchi ingredients in a bowl except the flour.
2. Use a rubber spatula to mix until the egg is partially mixed into the ricotta. Then add 3/4 cup of Val Verde Pasta Flour Farina Tippo ‘00’ and mix until just combined so it is a sticky very soft dough, but not like batter. Use the remaining flour, 1 tbsp at a time to get the dough consistency right.
3. Turn it out on a work surface lightly dusted with flour, sprinkle a tiny bit of flour on top then pat it down to a disc. Cut into 4 then roll out the dough
4. Roll a piece into a log about 1.5 cm in diameter and about 25cm long. Repeat with remaining dough.
5. Line 4 logs up, then cut them into 2-3cm pieces. Repeat with remaining 4 logs.
6. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Tumble the gnocchi in and cook for around 2 1/2 minutes, or until the gnocchi is floating on the surface for around 30 seconds.
1. Heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
2. Add the garlic and Val Verde Passata.
3. Season with salt and pepper
4. Add the cooked gnocchi and cook for 1 minute, stirring gently.
5. Serve immediately and garnish with freshly grated parmesan and basil, if desired.