Preparation Time : 15 mins + (overnight refrigeration)
Cooking Time: 1 hour 20 mins
Tick off the ingredients as you buy them
1. Using a sharp knife, cut the lamb leg into equal pieces of 3cm and set aside.
2. Combine herbs, garlic and 1 teaspoon of salt in a mortar and pestle and grind to a fine paste.
3. Add anchovies, grind to a paste then stir through vinegar and oil. Place lamb in a large container or bowl.
4. Rub paste over lamb pieces, then cover and refrigerate overnight to marinate.
5. Preheat oven to 220°C. Remove lamb from refrigerator 1 hour before cooking and dust with some flour.
6. Place lamb in a deep roasting pan, pour in wine, drizzle with oil and season with pepper.
7. Roast for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 180°C and roast for 1 hour for medium or until cooked to your liking.
8. Set aside to rest, loosely covered with aluminium foil for 20 minutes.
9. Serve with roast potatoes.