Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Tick off the ingredients as you buy them
1. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over a medium heat. Add the onions and fry, stirring continuously, for 3-5 minutes until translucent but not browned.
2. Add the garlic, paprika and bay leaves and fry for a further minute.
3. Add the beans and passata. Stir and then season with salt and pepper. Stir well and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes, checking regularly so it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
4. As it finishes, stir the spinach through to wilt.
5. Serve hot or cold, as tapas or a side dish, sprinkled with the fresh parsley.