Preparation Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 3 hours 30 minutes
Tick off the ingredients as you buy them
1. In a large pot over medium heat, add a generous pour of olive oil.
2. Add carrot, onion, celery, rosemary and sage. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until mixture has softened.
3. Meanwhile in another large pan over high heat, add a generous pour of olive oil and brown the meat. Add the meat to vegetable mixture pot.
4. With the empty pan, pour in the wine and deglaze. Then add the wine to the meat & vegetable pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add Val Verde Passata and tomato paste. Season with salt and add half a cup of water.
6. Simmer uncovered on low-medium heat for 3 hours, or until meat is tender.
7. Just before serving, stir in a knob of butter for a glossy finish.
8. Serve with freshly cooked egg pasta.
For an authentically cooked Italian meal stop by Trattoria Emilia - www.emiliamelbourne.com.au/